Los hilos de la vida

Folkloric story quilts by Latina women in Anderson Valley

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Alma and her quilt Familia Mexicana

Mi Familia / My Family
Alma Carillo



Mexican Family
The paintings of Diego Rivera inspired me to think about my family, that we want to work together to get ahead and make progress. I believe that the father is very important too, but the mother devotes 100% of her time to her children. This is my last picture in the style of Diego Rivera, as I begin a new step on this journey and begin to create my own original pictures.

Este cuadro de Diego Rivera me inspiró para pensar en mi familia y que tenemos que trabajar en conjunto para salir adelante y poder progresar. Pienso que en todas las familias la figura maternal es muy significativo; no podemos hacer menos al padre pero la madre es el 100% de tiempo para los hijos. Ahora con este cuadro dejo atrás a Diego para empezar una nueva etapa en esta carrera y realizar cuadros por mí misma.

1 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Blogger Elle said...

Yes, you can definitely see Diego Rivera's influence in this piece. Beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home