Los hilos de la vida

Folkloric story quilts by Latina women in Anderson Valley

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Olga's quilt

Olga Medina

The Last Supper
I taught myself a little bit about sewing with a machine. My first quilt is the Last Supper. I always wanted to make this picture and now, I can because I have the opportunity to attend school. I like this theme and the image of this picture because it makes me remember when I was a little girl. My grandparents and parents told me that God shared bread everyday and for that reason I had to share with my 4 brothers and 5 sisters. They told all of my brothers and sisters the same thing because we did not have very much money. My brother came to the United States and started working very hard to send us money. In order to get ahead all of us continue to share. We have engrained in our minds that message that our parents and grandparents told us. Now I, Olga, am a mother and I teach my son the same.
La Última Cena
Yo me enseñé un poco a cocer a máquina y mí primer cuadro es La Última Cena. Yo siempre tuve ganas de hacer este dibujo y ahora que se presento la oportunidad de enseñarme porque ahora tengo la oportunidad de asistir a la escuela.

A mi me gusta el tema y la imagen de esta pintura porque me hace recordar cuando yo era niña. Mis abuelos y padres me hablaban de que Dios compartía el pan de cada día y que yo tenía que compartir con mis 5 hermanas y 4 hermanos, la comida. Todos mis hermanos y yo hacíamos lo mismo porque no había mucho dinero. Después mi hermano se vino para los Estados Unidos y fue que el empezó a trabajar duro. Para salir adelante todos mis hermanos y yo seguimos con la idea de seguir compartiendo lo mismo. Tenemos en mente lo que nuestros padres y abuelos nos decían. Ahora yo, Olga, soy madre y yo hago lo mismo con mi hijo.

1 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Blogger Elle said...

I love the quilting in the background. It is a beautiful piece.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home